Jackie Greene in Ohio 2009

It was three years ago. I had a loonng day at work, was ready to crawl into my bed and just shut off the world. My friend called me and said something like this ' Jessie, there is this concert that I need you to go to. The guy is Jackie Greene and I think you would like him' I was all like 'mmm, not tonight' but she proposed ' I will pay for you if you come along' FREE?? Well, ok. So, we went to this concert. I (being so tired and a Debbie Downer) wanted to sit at the concert but all the seats were gone, so we plopped our bottoms infront of the dance floor. Jackie Greene stepped up to plate, and blew me away. Who was this guy and where has his music been all my life? Not only was it awesome because it was free for me BUT more importantly the WHOLE band rocked. Now, I am not some exclusive rock critic, I am not a critic period but the music just hits you right down to your core. You have to hear it live. Period. On a cd or the radio does the band no justice (though go buy their record), their talent shines.

I had the pleasure of getting to know them a bit. Well, it's quite embarrassing actually. I offered a free meal at the 'Butterfly Garden Cafe'. They took the offer. That day, these guys were surrounded by older ladies, all drinking tea and eating (only the best by the way) soups, salads, and sandwiches that Louisville has to offer. These guys, this band were so nice that they held in their sarcasm and sly smiles pouring salad dressing from miniature teapots. Should have had a camera at that time! I may have lost all my coolness(because I am so cool anyway, ahem) I should have read 'What Rockers Eat 101'. I may regained a small fragment back when I watched them play wiffle (sp?) ball with a duct tape wiffle ball. The game was over when the ball busted.

Three years later we crossed paths again, they were even more phenominal than back when I was bright eyed and bushy tailed over these guys asking them to go to a female restaurant with me. It was a great concert, although they didn't sing my request 'Kentucky Woman'. I even got booed at when it was requested, haters. I took these shots in hopes to capture some of the passion and talent these guys possess. I am sorry my camera didn't have a sound recorder connected to it. Hope I delivered.



Focus is on the guitar but check out that wallet chain! We should all get one.









Watch out ladies!










Always behind the camera, I just had to just show some love. Thankyou to the stranga with mad photog skillz. Holla!


ohhh, here we are again. How'd that get on there?




Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

About Me

There is so much joy and love in life, its not always perfect but its there. At any opportunity that comes my way, at any stage of life I feel blessed to be able to capture it. Capturing your lives as they are now touches me. It shows strength through trials, love for family, joy for celebration, the beauty of growth and the fun in just everyday relationships. With that being said, I love what I do and have a blast doing it! Visit my website www.jessieophotography.com
Jessica Orthober
(813)546-9948
jessica@jessieophotography.com