Hey Jude

About three or four years ago, my friend Erin and I took a journey to the depths of Texas, Dallas that is. We were ready for change, wanted to see what the hype about that state was all about, so we picked up all our stuff and moved there. It was a decision that nearly caused my parents to croak. But in the end it was a good one. While there, I formed some amazing friendships. These friendships are unlike some where you just hang out with these folks during the good times and they disappear when something inconvienent or just flat out aweful happens. One of the most touching moments happened here: I was going home to Kentucky for Christmas. My aunt was getting married and asked if I could do her hair for her wedding. 'Well, YES!' I was honored and excited, not to mention I hadn't seen my family in months. That Christmas a huge snow storm spread across the mideast causing me to get stuck in luggage claim for a night in North Carolina with no way of being able to land in Louisville until AFTER Christmas, no availability, period. I called Kara crying, asking her if she would be able to pick me up as Delta scheduled a flight for me back to Texas. 'No problem' she said. The next day (Christmas Eve) they picked me up and said 'You are gonna just have to stay with us for the next couple of days. We are going to the Slacks for Christmas eve by the way.' That was ok by me. When we showed up to the Slacks I could tell something was going on. We sat down on the couch before dinner. Kara, Beverly and Terry congregated into a room only to come back with gifts. Not just one not just three. MOUNDS of gifts, sent by nearly EVERY member of the congregation (the church that I attended in Arlington) most of which was anonymous. Talk about amazing, thoughtful friends (and what I consider family). I will never ever forget everyone's kindness.
Well, Kara got married to this great guy Brad. Brad and Kara had a baby a year ago to date by the name of Judah (HAPPY BIRTHDAY JUDAH) And I was more than honored to take some pictures for the lil man. He has the smile of his dad and the heart of his mom. Enjoy

Kara humored me and put Judah in his laundry basket.

Peek a boo!

'Mom who is this crazy lady taking pictures of me in the bath, please don't show these to my girlfriend(s) when I start dating!'

This one is my favorite!
Judah is the biggest flirt....He puts the guys I date to shame.






Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

About Me

There is so much joy and love in life, its not always perfect but its there. At any opportunity that comes my way, at any stage of life I feel blessed to be able to capture it. Capturing your lives as they are now touches me. It shows strength through trials, love for family, joy for celebration, the beauty of growth and the fun in just everyday relationships. With that being said, I love what I do and have a blast doing it! Visit my website www.jessieophotography.com
Jessica Orthober
(813)546-9948
jessica@jessieophotography.com