The Beautiful Ft. DeSoto with a Beautiful Family!

I had only been to Ft. De Soto twice before. The first time was in 2000 when I first arrived at Florida College. The school had a picnic ( a very very small college!) and then later we treaded through the water to a sand bar for a devotional, singing praises to God. The same God I believe in today. The next time I went was in 2008, taking the two fabulous kids I nannied for, for a little beach excursion. I thought to myself 'this is as beautiful if not more as I remembered it when I first moved to Florida'.....
When Nicole contacted me about taking pictures of her family she gave me the liberty of picking the place. Without hesitation I said 'Ft. DeSoto ok with you?' And here we were at the historic Fort on Saturday. The family was phenomenal. Full of love and respect for one another. The afternoon/evening was perfect (aside from the humidity). Let me tell you, this family was just great. They were up for anything. I feel blessed to have the opportunity to meet such a wonderful family! Here are a few of my favorites:











I don't know if Aunt Carol reads my blog BUT she sent me the sweetest card with a clip of two barefeet in the water. In the card it said 'I found this and thought of you'. This one is for you Aunt Carol :)


This one is my absolute favorite of the night.
















A ladies man in the making. Such a good guy too!!



I say 'hey would you guys be ok with wandering into the sea oats for a shot?' They say 'sure'..... It was a risk and I broke my flipflop taking the shots but I think it may have been well worth it:)

Peace. Love. And Barefeet. (A Kentucky/Floridian thing)

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

About Me

There is so much joy and love in life, its not always perfect but its there. At any opportunity that comes my way, at any stage of life I feel blessed to be able to capture it. Capturing your lives as they are now touches me. It shows strength through trials, love for family, joy for celebration, the beauty of growth and the fun in just everyday relationships. With that being said, I love what I do and have a blast doing it! Visit my website www.jessieophotography.com
Jessica Orthober
(813)546-9948
jessica@jessieophotography.com